home about buttons parties vinyl sponsor

1/3/11

6 TIPS for Getting Organized!

...just checking in to see how your organizing is going?

Photobucket

How many trash bags have you gotten rid of? How many boxes have you donated? Does your craft room look like this yet? Does this craft room even exist in real life? NOPE!
_____________

I just found this wonderful site with 6 Tips for Getting Organized. Simple Mom explains it perfectly and takes you step by step through your organizing.

1. Think about the "why" behind the "what"
tackle the reason BEHIND the clutter, not just the clutter!

2. Involve other people
tackling an organizing project with your husband and kids is more fun!

3. Don't wait for perfection
you don't need fancy, expensive equipment to get organized!

4. If in doubt, throw it out
my favorite! :)

5. Expect organization to be a part of your life
managing a home means organizing it regularly!

6. Use helpful resources
use magazines, blogs, and books to give you tips along the way!

_____________________
Don't forget to be
linking up your progress!!
GO HERE!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

These are fantastic tips! Thanks =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Karen said...

I especially like #5!

Thank you for sharing.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I only keep things in my home that are an absolute necessity or that I absolutely LOVE! :)

Catherine said...

I have a tough time with #3. I get wrapped up in the idea that if it can't be perfect, why even try? Need to get past that if I'm going to dig out of clutter. :)