Sassy Sunday Spotlight

Let me introduce you to Amy, from
(this girl makes me laugh!!)
 This is what Amy has to say about herself:
 "My name is Amy. I live in a house with my husband Matt, our two kids, Christopher and Hannah, my sister Stacy and our roommate Todd. I am a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. Blogging is the hobby I've stuck with the longest, but mostly because it fills ridiculous needs in my Mommy World. I also really enjoy taking pictures and sewing but I have no dreams of going pro at anything but motherhood. I really like my kids. I have a lots of quirks and probably some issues that could use the help of a professional."
this is Christopher
this is Hannah
These pictures make me SMILE!!
When asked why she blogs, this is what she had to say:
1. I have an awful memory. My high school English/theater/yearbook teacher (think life coach for teenagers) J. Terry said, "If it's not written down it doesn't exist." He was trying to teach us a lesson about the real world but let me tell you, THIS is my real world and if I don't write it down it is as though it never happened.
2. I am lazy. Sure, I could make baby books and keep a journal and hand write a recipe book and scrapbook my pictures but seriously? This is the 21st century and all that work makes my right eye twitch. On my blog I have everything I want to save all in one place.
3. I miss school. Assignments, homework, projects... MAN! On my last day of college I cried. Yes, it was a big day, but it was also the end of a system of life that gave me structure and feedback and grades. Oh, how I miss the grades. Now I blog. I have a plan, assignments that need to be completed. When Asha from Parent Hacks called my Crayon Hack Brilliant it was like getting a sticker on my worksheet. Totally made my day.
4. People that I love live far away. My sister Stacy and my BFF Lisa and the amazing AmyB and a host of other wonderful friends don't get to life life here with me and my fam. My blog lets us keep up.
5. I'm A Frustrated Extrovert. I don't get out as much as I used to. It's difficult to fill my people quotent of the day while trying to be a quality Stay At Home Mom. My blog lets me communicate with the outside world while hollering at my kids in private.
When asked to describe 7 QUIRKY things
 about herself, she said:
1. Sometimes I make silly noises (like blowing raspberries or dum-da-dumming a beat) while I drive. I'm completely unaware of it until I begin to wonder what the strange noise is or why my face is numb.
2. I often finger spell (sign language) what I'm thinking. I'll look down and find my hand in a letter and wonder what I was thinking about that ended in that letter. If you watch my hands you can read the strange things in my head.
3. Smarties are my favorite candy but I have to eat them two at a time. Since a pack of Smarties has 15 little candies I either have to eat two packs or give one piece of candy away. I generally go with eating two packs.
4. I love vacuuming but only when I can make straight lines in the carpet. I have specific ways that I vacuum each room of my house so that all the lines are straight and I cover up my footprints. I don't like to vacuum the family room because it's a Berber carpet that doesn't show vacuum lines.
5. I'm an all-or-nothing perfectionist. Either things are perfect or a mess. If I've cleaned the entire house and put away all the toys I CAN NOT leave one thing in the middle of the floor. If my house is a mess I'll step over that same toy six times before I even think of picking it up.
6. I like to pick my kid's noses. I actually have trouble not doing it if I know they have a lot of crusty boogers up there.
7. I would rather be wearing a t-shirt and flannel pajama pants than anything else in the world. If I'm comfortable (and that is the ultimate in comfort) I can get more house work done, read for longer, have more fun with my kids and have a significantly better day than if I'm wearing "real" clothes.
Flexible Dreams is about KIDS, crafts, photography, holiday treats, parties, recipes, quilting, parenting, and TONS of humor!
flexible dreams
Head over there and be a follower! It was SO fun to get to know Amy better! I love her and I LOOOVE her blog!!

No comments: