home about buttons parties vinyl sponsor

7/11/11

giving NEW life to our OLD swing set!

{Made By Me Monday}
We've enjoyed this old swing set for about 8 years now! It's gotten LOTS of love. In fact, over the years, we've taken off the "rocket", the "teeter toter" and the slide. We've replaced the empty spots with just swings. I love it!
Here's the before...
3 cans of black Krylon spray paint later,
we have the AFTER!
We still need to purchase one swing for the end. People have asked me if having the swing set painted black makes it hot, and it doesn't even make a difference. I even added name tags to each of the swings. The kids LOVE having their "assigned swing" and I enjoy not having the fights! :)
I had pieces of wood left over from a project that I was working on. I drilled some holes, painted them black, added vinyl lettering, and some ribbon to hang them. We love the transformation!
Total time spent: 1 hour
Total cost: $10.00
go HERE to see my entire backyard makeover

13 comments:

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I love it! So cute and the names are such a sweet touch!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Love, love, love this idea! The name tags are genious! I've been planning on doing a little makeover on the one that came with our house for a while now but haven't gotten around to it. After seeing yours I want to do it asap!

Kelli W said...

The names over the swings is such a fun idea! I love the pile of toys in the background of the first picture...it is obvious you have little boys:) My backyard looks like that quite often!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

You are always so clever!

All Things Fee said...

Love it! We too spray painted our set ( from a garage sale) and its amazing the difference!

Come by and share at Calling All Crafters!

http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/07/calling-all-crafters-15th-edition.html

jess@balancing the dream said...

I love how it is personalized!! such a great idea!!

Foundinthe-ALI said...

awesome! Its amazing what paint does. Your whole backyard transformation looks great.

Ali
www.foundintheali.blogspot.com

liZ said...

I loVe projects like this---they are the best.
Thanks for sharing.
liZ
(simplesimonandco)

cookieandclaire said...

This makes me want to have more than one kid to personalize stuff for them... wait never mind... I will just admire yours! It's too cute!

Lolly Jane said...

Mucho improvement, Marni! Good call on the assigned swings! lol

Can't wait to SEE you on Thurs! xo

Amanda said...

What a great revamp! I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/an-old-swing-set-revamped/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Whimsies Shop said...

I always forget that you can do such simple things to make things look new again! Thanks for sharing :D

Mom of 3 said...

Love this! Did the paint stay on well?