Sassy Sunday Spotlight

I would like to introduce you to my new bloggy friend, Mel
also known as The Crafty Scientist
"I'm a twentysomething PhD student and I'm nearing the end of the dissertation so marriage and kids are still some time away for me! But I have a serious boyfriend. We have two dogs - Max and Bella. Both are pound puppies and spoiled children! Max is the black lab/cocker spaniel mix. Bella is a chihuahua/pug/Yorkie mix. I might post about them like other people post about their children though..."
"My blog is mostly full of craft projects I've made and tutorials to go with them. Sometimes I post projects that I've done using a tutorial from someone else (in which case, I link back to them). I also like the idea of doing roundups of my favorite things or a favorite color palette and I've recently gotten into roundups of projects and tutorials using a particular supply (my "supply related roundups"), like crayons or wine corks. I also have some guest posts and those people answer some standard crafty interview questions (sort of like these) and I have a few printables I've made that people can download for free! I have a few recipes and I've featured projects that other people have made using my tutorials. I sometimes include some personal stuff, but it's mostly photographs of trips and adventures and my dogs. Also, the whole blog has a science-y theme and so I call link parties "conferences" and refer to old projects as "past research", etc. so you'll notice that when browsing my blog!"

"I blog because I wanted a place to share crafty projects I made. And I wanted to spend more time crafting and somehow I felt like blogging justified that a bit, haha. I always loved reading other people's blogs, but I wanted to get feedback on stuff I'd made and connect with other crafty bloggers. Honestly, I like blogging a lot more than I thought I would... this started as a sort of experiment and I thought I'd quit within a month or so, but it's turned out to be a great creative outlet. When I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much with my dissertation, or something goes wrong in one of my 50 other jobs, I do feel progress and accomplishment in the blog."

step by step Clemson Wreath


yummy  homemade caramel apples


HOW TO enable comment replies


free fall and halloween printables

And be sure to visit The Crafty Scientist
on TWITTER and
 on facebook!

Mel! It was so fun to get to know you better!
You are ADORABLE!! 
The Crafty Scientist

Hey everyone, go a check out Mel at her blog, The Crafty Scientist and be sure to tell her I said HI!!


Rachel W K said...

very fun blog, gonna check it out now! thanks!

-rachel w k

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Ohmygosh, Marni, this is so cute! Thank you so much for this feature! I feel super-duper famous and I love how much stuff you featured from my little blog... I think it looks just wonderful! I'm so flattered to be spotlighted, thank you so much again! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist