home about buttons parties vinyl sponsor

1/15/12

Keep Calm and Shine On

{Made by Me Monday}

Remember our Young Women's theme for the year 2012 is Arise and Shine Forth. I wanted to do something with the theme to give each of our girls this year for their birthdays.  I found this sign on pinterest and thought it was too cute! THUS, it became my weekly pinspiration. 

Pinned Image

I love pinspiration!

 I love that it's not the traditional theme. I love that there's just a little bit of a "twist" to it! Keep Calm and Shine On! It still represents the theme, but just a little more SASSY! ;)
_________________________
I found an old piece of artwork at Goodwill for $1.99


spray painted right over it with white and distressed the edges just a bit. I then cut my vinyl lettering out. I went back and forth on my decision for what color to do. I'm happy with my choice of GOLD! It seems like ROYALTY to me!
I LOVE the way the crown turned out! 


_________________________
That's it! I think it turned out super cute... if I do say so myself! ;)
Here's a look at the two of them side by side.
The fun thing is, she used her lettering as a stencil. I love this look and you can make the letters look a little more distressed that way. I did mine completely with vinyl lettering. I love them both!


Do you want to order the lettering to make your own sign? It's just $10 for the 8x14 lettering. Of course, you can make it ANY size and ANY color that you would like. Just let me know what size (if it's other than 8x14) and I will email you back with the total. To order the vinyl lettering, send me an email or leave me a comment on this post. 
Happy Monday!
Pin It

2 comments: