home about buttons parties vinyl sponsor

6/12/11

Sassy Spotlight

Our top spot for this week is Amanda
from The Ivy Cottage.
She's an adorable work-from-home-mom (WAHM) with a wedding decor business. She's an active crafter and DIY girl. She has two little ones who keep her on her toes. She thrives on being busy and loves a good challenge. She met the love of her life in college and they have been together for over 10 years and married for almost 7. In 2008, they welcomed a vivacious little girl named, Ivy, into their family. The summer of 2010 they welcomed their little boy, Geoffrey. Gabby is their spoiled dog and between everyone, they have a crazy household! 
What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I enjoy crafting and do-it-yourself projects. I love tinkering around the house and I am always up for a project. Solving problems and coming up with designs solutions is one of my favorite things to do. I am also a trained sculptor . . . but after years of teaching ceramics to high schoolers, I now find myself in my ceramics studio if I have the time. Moulding and shaping clay is one of my passions! I also enjoy reading, especially sci-fi. Cooking seems to be something I am becoming more interested in and with few acres we live on, I hope to become a gardening master.
Why do you love to blog?
Blogging gives me an escape from my own mind! It allows me to put all of my ideas down in a creative and ever-changing sketchbook that I get to share with others. I love critiques from other bloggers and find myself challenged every time I link up.
What are some of your favorite posts you've written?
________________________
Check out her wedding blog too!
High Fire Designs
___________________________
_________________________
__________________
and MY favorite of her posts...
SO cute!!! Click on the link to check out the entire room transformation! You are so adorable, Amanda! I am so glad that we could get to know you better!

Head on over to the Ivy Cottage and become a follower
and see all of the fun things that Amanda has!
Happy Sunday!!
BTW:
BIG changes coming my way today...
I'll let you know a little later!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

gorgeous pictures! how do you get to be involved in this feature?

Love the site!

Brittany
http://www.findingbrittnemo.blogspot.com

Delaney said...

I was already follower of this blog & I absolutely love it!