home about buttons parties vinyl sponsor

9/25/11

2x4 candy corn

Made By Me Monday!
_______________________
These are SOOO fun and super easy to make! This is a perfect craft to let you kids help you with. Throughout this tutorial, you will be seeing pictures of MY candy corn and my the one my 5 year old painted. Let's see if you can tell the difference! :)
SUPPLIES NEEDED:
2x4's
paint
stain
sandpaper
5 year old helper
cut your 2x4's into triangles, AKA candy corn shapes!
By the way... next time I do this project, I will cut my candy corn a little skinnier at the top.
sand them down
paint your first layer white 
paint the second layer orange
final color, yellow
he's so proud!
let dry and then distress it a bit
add some stain to make it look better aged 
or if you don't want to add stain, you can draw on a Sharpie face!
... and always, always, always add bling!
add some ribbon if you'd like
can you guess which one is done by the 5 year old?
This was such a fun project to do! I am thinking of making a bunch of them and wrap them in clear bags for Halloween gifts for teachers and visiting teachers. Perfect!!
TOTAL TIME SPENT: 30 minutes
TOTAL MONEY SPENT: $3.00

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I really need to make some - I love candy corn and they would be so cute on my shelf! I love that you distressed them - darling!

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

What a cute little project. Your helper is adorable too!

South Bay Studio said...

Looks like you've got a great
little helper there. Great idea.
Kathi

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

So cute!

Natasha in Oz said...

That is such a great idea! I wish I was crafty enough to make them. You are so clever!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Anna said...

What a fun and easy idea! I love it.

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Alyssa McVey said...

Super cute!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

These are way cute! I would love it if you wanted to link them to my new linky party! http://mushkiloves.blogspot.com/2011/09/mushki-loves-my-stuff-party-1.html

Hope to see you there!
Kirsten

Kyra said...

I love this candy corn - so simple even I can make them!!! Thanks for sharing.

Mom O' Nine said...

Love them! Finally, a craft I think I can do....if I can get my two by four cut out....they are really cute. Love that they are easy....:-)